A planning support toolbox was developed to assist urban water managers, spatial planners and landscape architects from municipalities and water authorities in developing climate and future resilient plans for new build and refurbishment. (Retro)fitting blue-green infrastructure in an urban environment has both spatial and hydrological consequences; co-creation of the plan by designers, engineers and stakeholders is required. Tools to estimate 1. the adaptation assignment and 2. the effect of packages of adaptation measures on pluvial flood risk, drought and heat stress were developed to support the conceptual and preliminary design of a climate and future resilient urban environment. These tools are now used worldwide in practice in climate adaptation planning.
Participants will get the opportunity to get to know some of the tools in a hands-on session.
Key note speakers
- Dr Ir Frans van de Ven (Planning and Adaptation Support Toolbox)
- Dr Reinder Brolsma (Urban Drought & Water Balance Model)
- Dr Jeroen Kluck, TAUW/HvA (Heat stress model for urban planning)
Themes and applications
- Toolbox and approach for resilient urban planning and design
- Climate Adaptation App
- Adaptation Support Tool on touch-table
- Adaptation assignment assessment tools
- Drought & Water Balance model
- Urban heat stress model